Anxiety in Pets
Although certain animals do have a more nervous temperament than others, traumatic events or exposure to particular stressors can make even a normally calm animal, stressed and perturbed.
Fireworks , a trip to the vet , thunderstorms , small children, an abusive situation, change of owner, hair dryers, change of house, the addition of another pet -- these are just a few of the situations that can cause heightened levels of anxiety in your pet.
Many pets are also exposed to a variety of day-to-day stresses . They live essentially on fast food (with not much nutritional value) and are often left alone for hours at a time, frequently in fairly confined environments.
These factors can contribute to high levels of stress and anxiety. In addition, pets are very attuned to their owner's stress levels . If you are anxious and stressed, this will impact your pet. This can be a particular problem when taking part in competitive events like pet shows and competitions. When there is stress or trauma at home (e.g. during times of conflict, divorce or domestic stress) PetCalm can help your pet cope without compromising health.
What is PetCalm?
PetCalm contains a special blend herbal and homeopathic ingredients known for their calming and soothing effect.
PetCalm is a natural remedy with no risk of side effects or addiction and can be safely used by animals of all ages and sizes.
PetCalm may be used regularly to reduce anxiety and stress in highly strung or chronically anxious pets, or as needed for relief during particularly stressful situations like competitive events, visits to the vet, change of home, domestic stress, etc.
How has PetCalm helped others?
“ Our little Maltese is a real baby whenever it comes to a visit to the vet! If we give her a dose of PetCalm just before leaving and one when we are there there is such a big difference which makes everyone much happier. Thanks for this lovely remedy which is easy to administer - as you say truly without fuss or bother! ”
“ We give our dogs PetCalm just before we have guests over as they always become excited and nervous when there are new people in the house. It helps very much. ”
“ Our Siamese cat has always been very nervous and jumps at the slightest sound. She hates the sound of vacuum cleaners and is very sensitive to noise of all kinds. Sometimes I feel very sorry for her as she can't even eat properly when she is nervous and even has developed eczema. Since we have been giving her PetCalm every day we have seen a big improvement and she is more happy and relaxed. I can recommend this product to anyone with a highly strung sensitive cat or dog. ”
What are the Ingredients?
Contains no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards. Individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
- Scutellaria laterifolia (Scullcap) is one of the best known herbs for treating anxiety and other nervous disorders. Scullcap may be used for situational anxiety linked to a stressful event (e.g. a trip to the vet or a competitive event) or for more chronic nervous conditions. Providing tonic benefits for the entire nervous system, it helps to soothe and calm pets while also reducing excitability.
- Passiflora incarnata is a tropical herb which has been used since the 19th century for nervous conditions and is often called a 'natural tranquilizer'. Modern research supports traditional usage and clinical trials have demonstrated the relaxing and anti-anxiety effects of Passiflora, which is often recommended to treat anxiety and reduce tension. Medical analysis has shown that Passiflora contains flavonoids which are responsible for its calming and anti-anxiety effects.
- Kalium phosphate (Kali. phos.) (C6) is a biochemic tissue salt with many therapeutic benefits. It is extremely useful for the relief of anxiety and emotional tension and is of great help to pets with nervous dispositions who are sensitive to stress or change of any sort.
- Argentum nitricum (Arg. nit.) C30: Proven homeopathic remedy for anxiety, phobias and other nervous disorders. Also effective for digestive disorders, especially when linked to anxiety and stress.
- Lactose (inactive ingredient)
How do I use PetCalm?
PetCalm comes in convenient dissolvable granule form. The tiny granules are easy to administer to pets of all sizes and personalities and are simply sprinkled on the back of the tongue and left to dissolve. No fuss and bother!
Cats and small dogs: Large pinch of PetCalm sprinkled into the mouth.
Small to medium dogs: Two pinches sprinkled into the mouth.
Medium to large dogs: 1/4 cap of granules sprinkled into the mouth.
Preventative: Two to three doses of PetCalm may be safely given every day given as a nerve tonic for pets with nervous dispositions as well as those who have anxiety disorders due to traumatic histories.
Acute: PetCalm may also be used as needed for acute anxiety which is often linked to a stressful event. Administer every hour until symptoms subside. Thereafter administer three times daily for up to 21 days if necessary.
How long until I see results?
An almost immediate calming effect is usually seen. Regular use will result in a calmer and less highly strung pet.