FACILITATOR is a liquid bandage composed of hydroxyethylated amylopectin. When applied to a clean wound in a thin film and allowed to dry, FACILITATOR prevents contamination, and helps provide an optimal environment for wound healing. The results of a multicenter, controlled clinical field trial demonstrate clinical results under real life conditions.
- Prepare the wound site by debridement and gentle cleansing.
- Blot the wound with sterile gauze or clean towels.
- Apply FACILITATOR until the wound is completely covered by a thin film, allowing it to extend slightly beyond the wound edges.
- Avoid contaminating the tube by holding the tip of the tube slightly above the wound.
- Allow the thin film of FACILITATOR to dry completely to assure secure coverage of the wound.
- Do not use other topical ointments or salves as they may interfere with the formation of the FACILITATOR liquid bandage.
- If the animal persists in licking at the wound, bandaging or applying an Elizabethan collar may be required.
FACILITATOR Liquid Bandage 5 ml Tube: Currently Out of Stock